Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kowabunga, Dude!!!!!

One of the most challenging aspects of applying Alexander's discoveries is being able to let go. In order for this stuff to work, you have to be able to do what has to be done and then allow the rest to happen. For me, it's the allowing that's the hardest. After all, I am doing this to make a change, which means I have an investment in the outcome. Either I want to improve the way I'm doing something, alleviate a pain, use less effort etc., and it is this desire that can become the biggest obstacle to improving my condition.

Although the need to make a change is essential to getting me started, right off the bat that specific need has to morph into the more open-ended desire of seeing the truth of what is happening. It is this act of seeing which frees my mind and body to be better coordinated. I let go of preconceptions and simply ride the waves of what is actually happening in me as I am moving. I observe the "means whereby" instead of trying to gain an "end". I become a surfer and stop being a jet skier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home