Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Small Smile Circle

When I was a kid I used to hate it whenever someone seeing a sour expression on my face said: "You know, it takes 50 muscles to frown but only 17 to smile." Back then, I would frown even harder and explain that I was frowning because I needed the exercise.

The fact is that smiling is easier to do than frowning and does release tension. And it doesn't even have to be a "real" smile. Try this little experiment:
1. Notice
2. Think of something funny or else make your face smile mechanically
3. Notice again and let the smile rise like heat to your eyes
4. Notice again and let the smile seep like water down to your heart area
5. Go back to 1

Do a couple of rounds of the circle and see what happens. Do it slowly at first so that each time you Notice you do it simply and clearly. Have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home